Tuesday 11 November 2008

At work on a holiday

So today I am at work because the stock markets are open. I have to work 6am to 1pm today, which is 3 hours earlier than my usual working hours. It sucks. I had to drive in because the skytrain doesn't start up until 8am on holidays. I woke up at 4:45am, quickly showered and got dressed, then headed out the door at 5:15am. Once the elevator reached the B-level I got a little startled. There was a guy waiting for the elevator, which I was not expecting. He had been doing laundry. WHO THE FUCK DOES LAUNDRY AT 5:15AM ON A HOLIDAY??!?? Crazy bastard.

The drive was pretty quick. There were barely any cars on the road, so it didn't take me long to get to work. At 5:30am, when it's raining and you're tired and there are no cars on the road, a green light is bright as hell. As I pull onto dunsmuir and headed into the downtown core, I looked up and noticed the buildings were all pretty dark. Since it's a holiday and all the buildings you can see are condos no one had their lights on... they were asleep. Assholes.

1 comment:

Jenn 1 said...

I don't mind working on a holiday. This one was wierd as it was in the middle of the week. Traffic is a breeze and the office is a whole lot quieter. Generally I get way more accomplished. Perhaps I should ONLY work on holidays....