Monday 21 July 2008

Lynn Canyon

Yesterday, Deb and I went to Lynn Canyon. I wanted to play around with photographing waterfalls. Sadly, We didn't have a map so I didn't find a spot to get the waterfalls... but I did get some shots with the effect I was after.

Anyway... So, we're there, walking through the trees and along the path. All I could think of was "HOLY SHIT, There's a lot of people here!" I'm talking a LOT of people. And I guess in a way that's good. It's nice to see people enjoying the parks. But there comes a point where it's being enjoyed TOO much.

I saw people walking along a trail (with tree roots sticking up and such) wearing FLIP-FLOPS!! And carrying coffee cups! Not thermoses or anything, but paper coffee cups! WTF! It was absurd. It was also very crowded. I was not expecting to have to wait for other people to move before I could take a step when I decided to go for a hike.

Luckily, all these people came for one thing, it seems. They came for the "30 foot pool" which is where every goes for a swim in the refreshing icy water. I wanted to jump in, but I had no swimming stuff or towel. Deb and I continued to hike past this and, of course, found NO ONE using the trails beyond this. Damn city folk. They just wanted a slight taste of the outdoors, but they didn't want to break a sweat.

That being said... We'll all have to go up there one day this summer for a swim in that water. It was nipple-hardening cold.

No comments: